Below error appears when creating a report subscription. ‘The SQL Agent service is not running’.
Unable to create report subscription.
- RDP onto the SQL server hosting the SCCM database
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Select ‘SQL Server Services’ in the left hand pane. On the right hand pane right-click ‘SQL Server Agent (MSSQLSERVER)’ > Properties
- Change the ‘Start Mode’ from Manual to Automatic
- Apply the settings and check if the service is already running. If not start it
- Try again and it will create successfully.