We’ve currently been implementing Windows Hello for Business. One of the pre-reqs was to extend our AD schema to Server 2016. This is how to view what your current AD schema is set to.
- Logon to a domain controller
- Open Powershell ensuring to run as administrator
- Type in the following code:
Get-ADObject (Get-ADRootDSE).schemaNamingContext -Property objectVersion
- This will show you what your current schema level is through the output of a number:
- The objectversion number corresponds to a server level. Match the number to the below chart to show what your AD Schema version is set to:
AD version objectVersion Windows Server 2000 13 Windows Server 2003 30 Windows Server 2003 R2 31 Windows Server 2008 44 Windows Server 2008 R2 47 Windows Server 2012 56 Windows Server 2012 R2 69 Windows Server 2016 87
- For Hello for business the schema level needs to be at least Windows Server 2016.